In this era of technology, we use a lot of technology, mainly phones, computers. We buy them by looking at the feature. They are equipped with a processor. What is a processor and how it works on the computer? Let us know all these things.
What is a processor?
A processor is a hard chip that is installed in computers, phones, laptops and tablets. It works between hardware and software, whatever command the computer gives us. The processor software converts it into output and input. The processor is the brain of a computer that acts like a human head. The processor provides results by understanding the language between us and the computer.
CPU is not the only processor in a computer. The most notable example is the GPU (graphics processing unit), but hard drives and other devices within the computer also perform some processing independently. Nevertheless, the term processor is generally understood to mean CPU. The processors are mainly Intel and AMD in the market.
What is a processor core?
Processor cores are in a way the hands of a computer. In the same way, the processor core represents the computer’s brightness. If the processor is of single-core then it will not be able to do heavy work and the computer will hang. That is why inexpensive computers dual-core, quad-core means four core, Hexa core means six-core, octa-core means eight-core, Deca core means ten core processor. The unit is measured in GHz (GHz).
The floating-point unit (FPU), also known as a math coprocessor or numeric coprocessor, manipulates numbers more quickly than a particular coprocessor contract basic microprocessor circuitry.
How components and CPUs work
The main components of a CPU are the ALU, the register, and the control unit. The basic functions of ALU and Register are labeled in the “Basic Elements of Processor section” above. A control unit is one that performs the task of fetching and executing instructions. A CPU is usually a small device with pins facing downwards into the motherboard. The CPU can also be connected to the motherboard with a heat sink and a fan to circulate heat. A processor has four primary functions, decode, execute, and write back.
Most processors today are multi-core, meaning the IC has two or more supporters
Intel launches i9 processor
- Intel has launched an i9-8950HK laptop processor. According to the company, it is the fastest and i-performing mobile and laptop processor ever.
- It has a dual working mode.
- The Core i9-8950HK processor has Hyper-Threading with 6 cores consisting of 12 threads.
- The Core i9-8950HK processor has a base clock speed of 2.9GHz
- The 4.8GHz single-core turbo boost speed has been increased.
- According to Intel, the Core i9-8950HK processor will get 41 percent better game experience as compared to Core i7-7820HK processor. While 59 percent faster 4K video editing will be done.
- Artificial intelligence, threads gaming, and live streaming have been taken to a new level in the Core i9-8950HK processor.